Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Shearing and Felting

Hi everyone!

It is another rainy spring day.  It is only 43 degrees out, and "they" say we could see some snow showers if the temp drops.  I'll believe it when I see it! 

Brian is off in Wisconsin for the next few days to help with shearing at Kinney Valley Alpacas, a wonderful family run alpaca farm!  KV has over 100 alpacas to shear in the spring, and the owner welcomes any help he can get since he shears them himself.  (KV is where our entire herd came from.)  Brian sheared Bella last year and did a really nice job, and he'll be shearing Bella, Bosox, and Lars in a few weeks.  (I'll be sure to post some pics of him shearing!)

My job this week is to start felting soap.  We received the last of our ordered handmade soap yesterday.  It is so neat to see all the wonderful fresh soap!  We have 160 bars total, from three different Etsy shops. 


As I get the soap felted, I will be posting featurettes on each soap and soap maker.  Let's just say that all three are wonderful and we couldn't choose, so we decided to offer them all!

I have 12 bars completely done, and 6 are currently drying from my work last night.  Hopefully I can get another dozen or two felted before Brian gets back from WI.

Have a great Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.