Sunday, May 1, 2011

Cloudy weekend

Well it has been a cloudy, gloomy, and chilly weekend here, so that means that it is a good weekend to work inside with alpaca fiber!

I've been busy washing fiber and felting soap this weekend.  Yesterday I ran out of carded fiber, so this morning Brian carded up some more fiber batts for me.

I'm on my 12th bar of the weekend.  I have less than 120 bars to go before they are all felted.

We bought Brian's clipper this weekend, and hopefully we'll buy the shear head attachment later this coming week.  We aren't planning on shearing until later this month, so we'll have the new clipper in time for that.

It is almost time to start featuring soapmakers!  I want to get a bit more soap felted, so it can be posted in our Etsy shop around the same time as the features.

I will also be posting about washing, carding, shearing, and felting . . . but there are only so many hours in a day!  Watch for those posts coming in the next couple months.

Have a great rest of the weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I found you on the Etsy alpaca team and just started following your blog. I love seeing pictures of your farm!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.