Monday, May 28, 2012

Happy Memorial Day!

Happy Memorial Day Everyone!

It is hard to believe that it is already Memorial Day.  It's even harder to believe that Clucky is 10 weeks old!  (My due date was only three weeks ago!)  And, in two weeks I will be back at work!
Clucky
Sadly, I have been no better blogging now that I have been home sitting on my tookus than I am when I have to go to work each day.

We did get the alpacas sheared, and fiber tests sent out and back to us.  We were very pleased with all our results.  At almost five years old, Bella is holding her own.  Her micron has changed very little in the past three years.  Lars' first full fleece is actually a bit nicer than his cria fleece.  He's still not up to our breeding standards, but he will make a very nice fiber male, and he is friendly to boot.  Bosox, well, she's 8 years old, so her fiber is short and more coarse which is to be expected.  She is dense though, so she produces really nice babies . . . like Fenway!  Fenway's cria fleece was pretty amazing.  Crimpy, 15.4 micron, 100% comfort factor, and he produced a heavier blanket than Lars (and Lars is a full year older than Fenway)!  I think we'll keep him around for awhile.  I can't wait to see how Fenway's first full fleece comes in!

Other than that, we have just been hanging out with Clucky.  I hope to get the alpaca fleeces skirted before I go back to work.  Maybe one of these days when it is not so humid out.

I've started to spin again.  I just got a new Little Meggie kick spindle, and I am loving it!
My Little Meggie
I just really never got the hang of using a drop spindle.  Someday I'll get a spinning wheel, but for now my Meggie is just fine!  I also plan on participating in the Tour de Fleece and Ravelympics on Ravelry.  If you knit, crochet, spin, weave, I highly recommend that you join Ravelry.  It is such a great place to hang out!

Have a great week!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.